Monday, March 8, 2010

Road training update


Sunday 28 February I took my BMX on a road race – first time I’d ridden my new baby. What a BLAST!!!! I wanted to do the 80km Midmar to Notts but opted for the 40km Midmar to Michael House coz I wasn’t sure if my shoulder and leg would last the 80km – good choice!!!!! OMG it was AWESOME – who says you need gears to road ride? Stupidly I left my ROAG timing chip at home so there is no official time for me so I used my heart rate monitor timing instead. I did the race in 1h53:18, which I’m stoked with considering I had to just freewheel down the hills BUT the up hills were a breeze. I left LOTS of MTB and roadies behind – hee hee. I finished 50th overall and 1st in the 50-54 womens by about 30 minutes. I’m sooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to the Argus. I’ll be stopping on route to hand out flyers so people can pledge their donations to Sunflower Foundation - it’s going to be loads of fun. I will put up banking details next week so you too can support me so watch this space xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment